Busy busy day here, as such, while Mrs. K and I “watch” the movie, Going My Way, I’m going to write this blog… hopefully it will all make sense.
Last night on Facebook I filled out a “get to know you better” questionnaire that has been popping up in my timeline and I thought, this would be the perfect tool for a blog about my kids… so here goes:
1) who were you named after?
Doll: no one, really, but middle name is Irish version of Great Grammy.
Boy: no one, but middle name was my papaw’s middle name too.
2) When was the last time you cried?
Doll: when my stress lotion exploded upon impact at school…
Boy: when this friend of mine, who coincidentally, has had a difficult life, read a poem she wrote.
3)Do you like your handwriting?
Doll: (guffaw) No!
Boy: sure, why not?
For the record, the boy’s handwriting is hideous.
4) What is your favorite lunch meat?
Doll: I don’t like lunch meat
5) Do you use sarcasm?
Doll: she simply stared at me
Boy: yes, every chance I get
6) Do you still have your tonsils?
7) Would you bungee jump?
Doll: if the harness was safe and there were matts to catch me in case they weren’t, then yes.
8) What is your favorite cereal?
The boy: Honey Nut Cheerios
9) Do you untie your shoes at night before taking them off?
10) Do you think you’re strong?
Doll: (Without missing a beat) No!
Boy: ‘Strong’ is a relative term, if for strength I’d say no, if for emotions I’d say yes.
11) what is your favorite ice cream?
Doll: Hmm…. Cookies and Cream
Boy: Chocolate cookie dough
12) what is the first thing you notice about someone?
Boy: I don’t pay enough attention to notice things about people.
13) what is your favorite smell?
Doll: Water–fountains, oceans, you know, water.
Boy: my nose isn’t that great to discern smells… but I guess pizza.
Afterward I remarked that I chose cookies baking in the oven. As a matter of course, he then asked me to change his answer to mine.
14) what is your favorite color?
Boy: I’m a non descript kind of guy… but I suppose blue Jean colored blue
I don’t know about you, that sounds rather descriptive to me.
15) name the last movie you saw?
Doll: Fantastic Beasts
16) What is your favorite holiday?
Both: (Surprisingly) Halloween
Boy: (Qualifier) but I get more hyped up for Christmas.
17) What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
Doll: I don’t know there’s a lot… being anxious I guess.
*breaks my heart to hear her say this, but she is almost 15 and I had a long list back then too
boy: I’m doofy. “What’s doofy?””I walk around not really interested in anything other than I’m interested in…”
18) What was the last thing you ate?
Doll: Veggie Straws last night
Boy: had a nice bowl of cereal for breakfast and then had a bag of Veggie Straws.
19) Scary Movies or Happy?
Boy: happy–fun movies.
20) Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Boy: My Grammy.
Well, they’re really not all that interesting or different from most teenagers, but I happily claim them as mine! I have to admit too, many of their answers fell under the category, “The nut doesn’t fall far from the tree”.